Tuesday, August 30, 2016

More from August 29

The following is a bit from her letter to Scott and I.  I really loved the story about the man who is a "hugger."  Wish I could have seen Sadie's face!

I forgot to tell you! I spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday, in Spanish. Yep. Actually, everyone was super impressed with my Spanish. They said I don't even have a gringo accent! That made me feel good because I still feel like I don't know what's going on half the time. I was super nervous beforehand, but once I got up there and started to talk about the importance of missionary work, I think it turned out pretty well. 

Also, one more funny story. Last night we were knocking doors and we ran into this super tall black guy. He went on about his belief in God, and how he wants to do His will, and how we just need to have faith, and we didn't even really get the chance to say anything. It was super funny because at the end he just said "well, I'm a hugger." And before either one of us really knew what was happening he just gave us this big bear hug, and we just sort of stood there awkwardly. Sister Root said the look on my face was priceless, and then before we could even say anything else he walked back inside leaving us a little dumbfounded on the front porch with his deodorant marks on our shoulders because that's how tall he was. It was super funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment