Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Sept. 5, 2017 Just a bit from Sister Monson's letter to her Mama

I Love hearing from Sadie every week!!  Here is just a bit from her letter to me.  What I love the most is that she still keeps in touch with Angela!

I feel like there is so much craziness going on! This last week we went on more exchanges, we have continued teaching Freddy and Darlyne, and we have still been knocking doors. We have so many things coming up this week including interviews with President, a temple tour with Freddy and Darlyene, a training for missionary leadership with a member of the 70, a zone conference, more exchanges, a temple trip, AND Freddy and Darlyne are supposed to be getting baptized next weekend! I am so excited! However, I don't know if you've heard much, but apparently there is a hurricane coming. Hurricane Irma, it is supposed to hit Florida, and it is supposed to be pretty bad. We all got permission to go to the store early this morning to buy supplies, because the stores get cleaned out so fast! It was honestly such a blessing we were able to get water, it was pretty much gone and it is not even supposed to be here until Sunday! We all have 72 hour kits, and now we are stocked up on canned and non-perishable food. We will probably end up being evacuated to the chapel or a high school at some point this week, but we are all just waiting to hear when. It is a little stressful, not because I'm scared, but because we just don't really know what's going on. We only get to hear random tidbits from people in the street or ward members or sometimes the mission office will text us. I think poor President and Sister Garns are just trying to get the hang of everything, but it's all good :).

I have loved working with Sister Peterson so far. She is the sassiest person I know, and I am just laughing all the time. We are working on having companionship unity, but we are really having a good time. This week has definitely been less stressful with the sisters in our sisterhood. They seem to be doing a lot better, which is a huge blessing. 

I have been emailing Angela back and forth every week. It just makes my day every time because she says she is just so grateful for us, for the gospel, and how it has changed her life. She loves her bishop, and her ward, and she always says to tell you hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment