Friday, July 29, 2016

She Made It.....Mexico is so Lucky!! (June 28, 2016)

What the experience - to drop our Sadie off at the SLC airport.  We got her checked in, and noticed several other missionaries there saying goodbye.   We said our goodbyes near the top of the escalator. She gave wonderful hugs to all of us, and there was all kinds of emotion.....joy, excitement, anticipation, and a tiny bit of sad knowing how much we will miss her.  As she hugged me, then turned to walk through security, I was struck by how very brave she is.  It takes much courage to serve a mission!  All day, Scott and I thought nonstop about her - wondering what she was experiencing and exactly where she was.  Getting her email to let us know she was well was....nothing short of awesome!!  We love you Hermana Monson!!



Hi mom and dad! 

I am sitting in the Mexico MTC right now, and I just wanted to let you know I made it safely. It was a bit of a long day with a long flight and an hour and a half line waiting in customs. However, all of the Elders and Sisters are so nice! I feel like I made lots of new friends, so that was great! Mexico is unlike anything I have ever seen-lots of colors, grafitti, and grunge. Mexico City looks a lot like the pictures of mom in Argentina, with little shops everywhere with bars over the doors. The drive from the airport to the MTC was a little crazy, there are literally no lines painted on the roads! It`s pretty much a really exciting free for all. The only billboard I was able to recognize on the way over was the one for Magnum Bars (who knew they had magnum bars in Mexico?) I realized several times that my mouth was hanging open as I was looking out the bus window. It is so different! The MTC is beautiful though, it is basically a really big campus with lots of little buildings everywhere. I havent been to my room yet, but I am looking forward to crashing on my bed tonight.Anyway, I haven`t been at the MTC for long, but I love it so far. We had pizza for dinner, normal American pizza! My companion is super nice, she is from Rexburg Idaho and she will be serving in the Arcadia California mission. Her name is Hermana Hirschi, and she was on the flight with me today. Lots of the missionaries who flew with me today are going to Fort Lauderdale (there ended up being 36 of us on the airplane). My p-day is on Thursday so I should have more time to email you then. 

Your Missionary's mailing addres is:
Sister
August 9 11D
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita #828
Colonia Zona Escolar, Gustavo A. Madero
07230 Mexico, Distrito Federal
Mexico

The estimated departure date for your missionary is August 9. The use of the
above address on all correspondence will greatly faciliate delivery to your missionary
at the MTC. Please don't send packages.


Just know that I think you guys are the best, and I already miss you! Tell the boys hi for me. I love  you!!

Love, Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment