Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Fountainbleau Miami Week 1 (November 7, 2016)

Hola everyone!

I hope it has been another great week! My week has been great :)!

On Wednesday I said goodbye to Hermana Root, and Fort Meyers! I got to meet my new companion Hermana Whitney, and my new area of Fountainbleau South! Hermana Whitney is very sweet, she has a lot of love for the people, she is super gentle, and a great example! She's awesome! My new area is really pretty, there are tons of palm trees, and our house is right across from Florida International University. Some of the streets look like they are from another country! There is a lot of Spanish here, almost everyone speaks Spanish, you even need it to check out at the grocery store! Super cool :)! We have been on our bikes everyday, so that has been fun. It is really easy to stop and talk to people when you are biking, even if my bum is feeling a little sore!

The members from the ward have been super welcoming. There is a recent convert named Mari, she invited us over to her house for dinner on Friday, and I love her! She has a super rare disease that I can't pronounce, let alone spell, but she has a lot of pain because her muscles get really really tight? Anyways, she said that she had prayed in the morning for the strength to cook us dinner, because she hasn't been able to cook for a long time, and she really wanted to cook for us. Well, she made some delicious chicken, rice, and tostones with chocolate cake for dessert! It was really sweet of her. As soon as I walked into her house she gave me a bear hug, and her family just welcomed us right in. It was cool because at the dinner we got to teach Mari's mom, sister, and brother-in-law who aren't members. Mari was able to share a really sweet testimony with them, and even though none of them seemed very interested in learning more about the gospel, we know a seed has been planted!

Right now we are working with an investigator named Alberto. He is living with his parents, he is around 30 years old, he is separated from his wife, and because of that he can't see his son very often because he lives in Mexico with his mom. Alberto feels really lonely, and he really wants to get married. He was able to come to church on Sunday, and he really loved it! Especially the gospel principles class on eternal marriage, it was perfect! He has a baptismal date of November 19th :)! We are hoping to help him work through the Word of Wisdom, and teach him all the lessons by that point.

That's about all I have for this week. I just want to say that I know that God answers our prayers! It was pretty hard adjusting to a new area, but it is always a relief to know that I can pray whenever I need help, and that God is always there willing to help us when we need it. Espero que todos tienen una buena semana! Los quiero!
 Hermana Monson's new apartment in Fountainbleau - notice the newly required pants!  She has to wear them except to church and mission meetings.

Herman Monson's new companion - Sister Whitney - Sadie says she has a real love for the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment